Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I heart my chiroprator!

For the last several weeks, I've been plagued with HORRIBLE headaches. Tylenol and caffeine wouldn't touch them. Laying down didn't really seem to help either. They had really just begun right as I entered my 2nd trimester in mid-March. So I did some research online (as I was getting desperate for some relief!) and low and behold, several articles recommended the use of a chiropractor for headache relief.
A little background: I've been seeing mine for about 18 months now, after I suffered a horrible pinched nerve in my back - which got so painful one day, that I couldn't breathe and had to call Drew home from work to get me into the car. At that point, my chiropractor had taken X-Rays and had told me how my 1st pregnancy with Matthew had really taken it's toll on my back, which was causing my problems. Ever since then, I've seen him regularly and my back pain has gotten alot better.
So, this past Monday, I was desperate to get rid of the headache from Sunday, so I called my chiropractor and Matthew and I made our way into his office on Monday afternoon. Once on the table, "Dr. Jim the Back Doctor" (as Matthew calls him) could immediately feel knots in my upper back, along with a lot of tightness going up through my neck. He cracked my back a few times, he cracked my neck a few more times... and WALLA! Just like that, my headache was gone. I wanted to frickin' hug the guy! I hadn't seen him since before my birthday a few weeks ago... which was also the week that Drew and I had had a "sleepover" in Matthew's new double bunk bed. That nights sleep (on a mattress that wasn't my own Euro-top mattress) was horrible and I suffered from a huge headache that entire next day. That must have been the culprit.
I'm so relieved to have not had a headache the last 2 days.... believe in the power of the "The Back Doctor"

No comments:

Post a Comment