Wednesday, March 17, 2010

28 years old!

28 years seems like a lot, doesn't it?
It sounds so much older than 27... and in 2 years, I'll be (gasp!) 30! In January when we got our positive pregnancy test, I did the math, and figured out that the week of my birthday would also be the week I jump to the second trimester. And I said to myself, and even wrote in my journal that all I wanted for my birthday was to get through the 1st trimester and have a healthy pregnancy. Thus far, my wish has come true, and for that I am SO thankful.
I'm spending the evening with my two favorite boys which is exacly what I wanted. Drew is grilling some bacon wrapped filets tonight (my meat adversions are slowly going away. I was able to happily cook and EAT pork chops last night - YAY!). Matthew and I are going to the store after he's done with school to pick out a birthday cake for Mommy. Matthew says that I should pick out cupcakes with basketballs on them... I was thinking green shamrocks, but we'll see. :-)
Every year on my birthday when I was growing up, my parents would cook this amazing Irish feast of corned beef, red potatoes, carrots, and cabbage (and usually topped off with ice cream cake from Dairy Queen), then a little bit of Bailey's for everyone too! They are coming down this weekend from Green Bay, and they are taking over my kitchen and cooking me my traditional birthday dinner as we celebrate together as a family. I'm really looking forward to it. I always really loved having my birthday on St. Patrick's Day - everyone is celebrating! So however you celebrate, enjoy your St. Patty's Day!

Cheers! ::clinks glass of water and pretends its some tasty green beer::

No comments:

Post a Comment