Thursday, March 11, 2010

A new journey has begun...

On a cold Friday morning in early January, I headed to the bathroom. A few minutes later, this is what we saw...


That's right! We did it! We've created a life - a new life that will be brought into this world sometime in mid-September (Right around Drew's birthday - perhaps he will share his birthday with his son/daughter?)
We are ecstatic, and I truly feel so blessed to be able to get pregnant so easily. The thing that worried me this time, was having an uneventful pregnancy. With having a miscarriage this past summer, there isn't a day that goes by where I don't worry. Every day since my positive pregnancy test, I pray. I pray to God and thank Him for the life that he has given me to grow. I pray that my little one is growing healthy and strong. And thus far, my prayers have been answered. I'm nearly 13 weeks along, and Baby Z (or "Jellybean" as Nanny has nicknamed him/her) has been growing perfectly - and just recently, I've felt tiny little baby kicks and jabs. I know it's super early, but I was reassured by my Doctor that a 2nd time mom, who is of a healthy weight can certainly feel her baby move right at the end of the 1st trimester. I remember those first kicks of Matthew's and this feels just like those - but I just can't believe how early on it is! Those feelings are very exciting, and also very reassuring too. i'm looking forward to those days when Drew and Matthew can feel the kicks too. I think it will certainly make it more "real" for them.
Below are some of Baby's first pictures from our earliest ultrasounds.
Baby at 6 weeks.



Baby at 8 weeks.


This past Tuesday, we had our 12 week appointment and we heard our baby's heartbeat for the first time. I seriously think that it is the most glorious sound, ever. Heartrate was in the 150's, which is, of course, perfect.
I have been pretty sick this pregnancy. The first trimester was filled with all-day-every-day nausea, gagging when brushing my teeth, lots of food aversions, exhaustion and constant hunger (but usually cannot think of anything I WANT to eat). All of this points to a healthy pregnancy, so that thought alone has helped me get through those tough days... because I know that it's all SO worth it in the end. I'm hoping as I hop onto that 2nd trimester wagon this week, I'll start feeling better.
So now that I've updated everyone and everyone is in "the know" I'll be blogging once or twice a week with pregnancy updates... and of course how we (Matthew, Drew and I) are all doing.
That's all for now...
Love from the growing Zimmerman family!

No comments:

Post a Comment