Monday, March 15, 2010

Destination Maternity

I must rave about my experience at Destination Maternity yesterday afternoon with Drew. We spent a good chunk of the afternoon at this fabulous store in Brookfield yesterday due to the fact that Drew wanted to buy me some new maternity clothes for my birthday. Taking Drew shopping is not something I look forward to... at all. I love my husband to death, but clothes shopping with him isn't something that we're "good at".
So we walk into the store and immedaitely the sales clerk asks me if I'd like some water or juice. I opted for the water. She then turns to Drew and says "and what about you, Dad, some water or juice?" With a huge grin on his face, Drew got the water too. So not only do they give beverages to soon-to-be-Mommies, they also know how important it may be to keep the Daddy's refreshed as well. (perhaps they know who will ultimately pull out the credit card?) We then proceeded to walk further into the store, and low and behold we find 4 leather chairs, parked in front of a flat screen TV turned to ESPN (They must know that on Selection Sunday, every man WANTS to be watching the NCAA's tournament matchups). With no hesitation, Drew gives me a kiss, sits himself in front of the TV (with his water and also a Men's Health magazine that the store also provided him with) and said "Have fun!" So, I'm thinking "SCORE! Drew is occupied while I wander about the hundreds of maternity clothes trying to find my perfect present. "
Every time a clerk saw me carrying something around, they immediately took it and put it in a dressing room, leaving me hands-free while I browsed. It was completely stress-free shopping! Even if Matthew had been there with us, they had a play area there with a TV turned to Nickelodeon.
As I tried on, Drew moved himself to be right outside my dressing room so he could give me his input - which was so helpful since I'm so indecisive when it comes to shopping for clothes for myself. By the end of the afternoon, we walked out with the most comfortable pair of maternity jeans (ever.), and a couple shirts.... Shopping day was a success! And honestly I owe alot of it to how wonderful Destination Maternity is and how they cater to growing families, and not just the growing Mommies. I'll definately be going back there in the near future for some more clothes.
Afterwards I got treated to a Sunday night dinner out at a really good restaurant where I ate BBQ ribs, mashed potatoes and turtle cheesecake.
My birthday week is off to a GREAT start....

1 comment:

  1. I love Destination Maternity...and there is nothing better than feeling good about everything while shopping for maternity clothes, which isn't always an easy task! :) Happy Almost-Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete