Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Goodbye nausea! Helllloooo appetite!

Yup, that's right.... the nausea is going away! I want to scream it from the roof tops! I do get small bouts of it from time to time (usually around bedtime) but I am feeling SO much better. However, as the nausea goes away, my appetite is in full force. I ate a ridiculous amount already today - and I know I'll be hungry again in a little while. I remember this from my pregnancy with Matthew - starting in the 2nd trimester. I couldn't fill myself up! On Saturday, my parents made this huge Irish feast.... I ate a ton... and then ate a delicious homeade chocolate cake that my sister brought....and seriously, I was not full when I was done. I kind of felt out of place as our guests talked about the food coma they were in, and I could've eaten more! Right before bedtime, everyone was talking about how full they still were, and all I could say was "Yeah, not me. I'm hungry again."
I am greatful that I'm starting to enjoy food again. I missed it terribly!

Oh, and did I mention that I think Drew is having those "Daddy pregnancy symptoms" right along with me? Last night, he was eating Oreos in bed at 10:30pm because he felt hungry (He usually NEVER eats past 8:30). He has also had backaches, headaches... among other things that I won't detail for you. :-) I call them sympathy pains....

I'm almost 14 and a half weeks now... Yesterday I recieved my first pregnancy comment from a complete stranger in Target. I was waiting in line to check out and a man in his mid-30's asked "if you don't mind me asking, how far along are you?" I looked up and smiled and said "Almost 4 months." He congratulated me and we both went about our business. Must have been the form fitting maternity shirt I was wearing.... but people are starting to notice the Baby Z BUMP! Woot!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on feeling better and strangers noticing :o)

    ReplyDelete