Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Humbled

Humbled. That's how I feel right now.
It's amazing to me how generous and supportive so many people in our life have been throughout this pregnancy. Matthew and I just got home from a baby shower that Drew's work threw for us. The generosity of these people is amazing... and it just adds to the generosity and support that we've already received from so many other people throughout this pregnancy journey (even with the few stressors we've had to deal with along the way!) They ordered pizza from Louisa's, and fancy cupcakes from Metro Market. Then showered us with so many wonderful gifts for Will - and even a few for Matthew too! They bought us our fancy pack n play that I wanted, the "must-have" space saver high chair, a couple cute outfits, baby towels & washcloths, designer baby socks (that apparently you can only order online according to Jenny... heehee), feeding necessities, and my personal favorite - his very own sock monkey (I've always wanted to own one of those!).
These people did not have to do this... but they did. Not because they had to, but because they genuinely wanted too - and that feels so wonderful. Another reason why I feel so incredibly blessed.... I frickin' love my life and how it has turned out. Like I've said before, maybe once you go through the tough stuff, and experience true happiness, is when you can genuinely be greatful for all that you have and not take things for granted. I try not too. Life's too short.
In other news... I had my 36 weeks doctor appointment today, and I'm at 1 cm. dilated and 50% effaced. Not too horrible, but I'd be lying if I wasn't a tad disappointed that I wasn't dilated more. However, I do know that it hardly means anything, and that I could go into labor at any point, since I am considered "favorable for delivery". My doctor also estimated his size right now to be about 5 to 5.5 pounds, putting him at 7 or 7.5 pounds by my due date - so he won't be huge! A nice average sized baby, just like me and his Daddy.
That's it for now... I think I'm needing to go put my feet up with some ice water now...

No comments:

Post a Comment