Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer is here!

I just got the mail today. And I had a wonderful note from my sister-in-law, Melanie, waiting for me. Melanie is so good at writing and sending notes and photos to people... one of her many qualities that makes her so great. Her words of support brought me to tears. Not because it made me sad, but because she cares so much... for me, for Matthew and for her brother. I've met a lot of people and been a part of more than a few families in my 27 years of life - and after all of these experiences to take me where I am today, I feel so blessed to have a sister-in-law like her (they don't all come like that, believe me!). All of Drew's family members are so loving, caring and supportive and they have welcomed me (and all my baggage) with open arms. Heck, they'll even let me vent from time to time...

My new job... it's fantastic! I honestly wasn't sure how I was going to handle working in a busy store, but after working 3 days, I absolutely love it! I'm having so much fun helping customers pick out outfits for their toddler's photo shoots, and even chatting with them as I check them out. And let me tell you, the fall line that will come out in mid-July is AWESOME. Little boys clothes keep getting better - thank god! I told Drew that Matthew will be even better dressed now... thanks to that fat 30% discount!

I'm really looking forward to this week. Matthew comes back in 5 hours (not that I'm counting or anything...) and I have lots of fun things planned. Splash pad with friends, waterpark with the Carraro's, storytime at the library, and hopefully some strawberry picking with his cousins. It'll be a short week with him, as he heads to Florida with his dad and new step-mom on Friday night. But I have a big baby shower to help my mom out with on Saturday for my baby cousin, Kati - who is due in September. With so much to do, I'm sure it'll go fast... but that's what summer is all about, right?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, you're sweet! I didn't mean to make you cry though!

    We're looking forward to the water park (after all of our crazy repairs are made here). It was 98 in the shade this afternoon so I took the girls for ice cream in downtown Antioch. Ella looked at me and said, "This is my favorite place. We should bring Matthew here."

    :) Melanie

    ReplyDelete