Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Allergy shots, BBQ's and waterfalls...

So, I've had quite an eventful past few days.
On Friday, Matthew and I went in to get my weekly allergy shot. After waiting for 30 minutes, and only having a small welt where they injected the shot, they let us go home. However, a few short minutes later, as we were walking to our car, I started to feel nauseous, then began wheezing and then I started gasping for air. Once we were in the car, I knew something was not right as I struggled to get a good breath into my lungs. Trying to stay calm for Matty, I told him that Mommy needed to go get help from the Doctor. As the seconds went on, breathing became more difficult. Thankfully, we were only in the parking lot - once I got inside there was panic among the receptionists. Once my Doctor got me into a room, they immediately gave me an epi shot. It was one of the most terrifying experiences. Not being able to breathe and having my 3 year old son there watching everything. He didn't cry, but he kept asking me "Mommy, what happened?" After an hour of lying down and making sure the reaction was under control, the staff let me go home. I was meeting Kati, Gage and "Sparkles" for lunch and was eager to get home to see them. Once I got there, I felt my face getting beet red and having this warm sensation all over my body. We decided to head out to lunch at The Cheesecake Factory where we met my sister and Julia. Throughout lunch, my entire body broke out in a horrible rash. I was itchy, hot and stuffy. I called my Doctor and, again, I had to head into his office, where they gave me another epi shot, some steriods and some antihistamines. After being sent home I, again, broke out into another (smaller) rash and took more antihistamines to try and avoid another epi shot or hospital visit. Thankfully it worked, and all I felt the rest of the night was extreme exhaustion. Enough drama on a Friday for me!
Sunday afternoon we went over to my good friend Shannon's house for a BBQ and met another really nice couple with 3 little girls of their own. Matthew played with his buddy Laith and met his new friends (taking a liking to the 4 year old girl - he's such a flirt!). It was a beautiful afternoon, albeit chilly, it was great to spend time with friends. Another reason why I love living here so much - I've met some of the coolest people!
On Monday, it got up to 80 degrees here by noon, so I thought it'd be a great afternoon to (finally) take Matty to the Bayshore waterfalls to play in. Before heading over there, we decided to visit Drew at work. By 2:30 the temperature had dropped about 20 degrees, and by the time we got to the waterfalls, it was freeeeeeeezing. Matthew was so cold and so disappointed that he just melted down and sobbed about wanting to play in the waterfalls... then about missing his Daddy Drew. Poor kid. Well, there's always next week, Matty...

No comments:

Post a Comment