Monday, February 28, 2011

Let go... Let God

I recently saw one of my childhood friends post this as her Facebook status. No doubt, she has gone through some rough times, but amazingly she has pulled herself through. LET GO... LET GOD. Hmph...There's so much wisdom to that phrase. There is only so much that we ourselves can control. We can't control what others do, say or think about us... that whole concept has been hard for me ever since I can remember. We can't control when or how others hurt us... or disappoint us. Honestly, Drew has a much easier time "letting go" of hurtful, painful things than I do. He gets mad, and then he literally can just say "I'm not wasting my time thinking about things that are out of my control." At one point in my life, I felt like I had no control of anything that was happening to me, and that was painful. It felt like I was just bombarded with bad seeds. Eventually, that all turned around.... I moved, I got married, I had another baby.... my life is good. It really is. But like I said in my previous post, people disappoint me. Some people that I once loved and trusted continue to have a hurtful effect on me. I NEED TO LEARN TO LET GO and LET GOD. My mom once had a quote taped up to her kitchen cupboard that said "Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option." - (Really, I think she had taped it there for my benefit at the time since I was dating my ex-hubby, R. Zellner, and little did I know at the time that he didn't consider me a priority, at all.) Again, so much wisdom that prase as well....

So enough of this over analyzing everything. My new goal every week is to spend less time worrying about what others think about me... to spend less time thinking about how others have wronged me in the past or how others hurt and disappoint me.... there's so many more beneficial things to focus my energy on.... like these two little guys.....

My two sons are precious.... and I love my hubby more than anything.... my life isn't perfect. But it's good.

Remember.... "LET GO, LET GOD."

Because I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment