Monday, July 26, 2010

I'm a swollen, nesting, slacker!

Those of you that check back regularly probably have been asking where I've been.... well, I'm slacking.... or I guess a better way to say it would be - I'm too too busy nesting to blog about, or worry about, anything else! I can proudly say that things are pretty much ready for Will's arrival. 0-3 month clothes are all washed and put away in his dresser. Diapers, wipes, rash cream, Vaseline, burp clothes, etc are all put in their proper places. Crib sheet is washed and on his crib. Matthew and ! spent the morning at Babies R Us getting the last of what I knew I needed (like the MUST HAVE Little Lamb infant seat - equivalent to the Baby Papasan Chair that was an absolute necessity when Matthew was a newborn). My mom was here the week of my baby shower and was in awe of how I wouldn't stop nesting. Once I was done purging the basement, I was in my underwear drawer - organizing everything in it - I didn't care if my mom saw me pulling out my black lacey lingerie - I was on a frickin' mission to get everything in order. Now that I'm 32 weeks, I want things to be ready when this little man decides to arrive! (ahem, and Matthew told me this morning that he thinks Will is coming at the end of August.... we'll see, big brother!)
My sister threw me a fabulous baby shower on the 17th. It was so fantastic. Actually, more than fantastic.... there are no words to how greatful I am for the amount of time and energy it took for her to put it together and all those people that helped her, as well! About 25 of my favorite people were there, and it was just exactly how I wanted it. The food was amazing, and the atmposphere was perfect. My sister and my mom made this sweet toast - and talked about how resilient I am, and how much I deserve the life I live now after the last 4 years of my life. (This amazing shower came a mere 3 days after my ex-husband was charged with 6 more felonies in Brown Co. - all from when we were dating/engaged/married). Talk about timing. Again, I am convinced that good things come to those who wait. I am extremely lucky to have those in my life that care for Drew, Matthew and me so much... and give us the support we need. My baby shower was just another reminder of how family and friends can be so wonderful - even after they've been through hell and back with me. Here are a couple photos from the shower... and yes, I'm puffy.


No comments:

Post a Comment