Friday, December 18, 2009

Four years ago today...




I first laid eyes on my son. Today I reminisce about all of the memories I have from that day... a day that I will always cherish. From my water breaking, dealing with the pain of labor, pushing out that beautiful boy and remembering how incredibly blessed I felt that day. December 18, 2005 was the day I became a Mommy.... the best job in the world!


This morning, I looked through all of the pictures from the day he was born. I was very emotional. I cried. I smiled. Unfortuneately this year is the 2nd year in a row where I cannot spend Matthew's actual birthday with him. We had a wonderful party last weekend with all of our friends and family in Milwaukee... so there has definatley not been a lack of celebrating. Matthew is so blessed to have so many people (and families) that love him. Today is his day... and he is spending it with his Dad and step-Mom. And although it is painful to be without him today, I have to remind myself of how blessed I am to have a beautiful, healthy, smart little 4 year old son.


Drew is taking me out to dinner tonight and we are celebrating Matthew... together.






No comments:

Post a Comment